Use this blog to:

USE THIS BLOG TO:

*Communicate with the rest of the collective by posting comments, queries, observations, anecdotes, discoveries, cries for attention, and information relevant to your production work, as you will. * Share the site address with your casts and crews - post links to your packets and dossiers. * Use the RSS feeds which link to a number of sites of interest to us, and suggest new ones. * Recruit people you know who might be interested in joining the program. *

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Why do the longest running plays never get revived?

Guys,

From David Boevers' weekly news mailer. I would love to get a discussion going on this.

-Doc

http://www.theproducersperspective.com/my_weblog/2011/09/the-longest-running-plays-dont-get-revived.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheProducersPerspective+%28The+Producer%27s+Perspective%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

1 comment:

  1. People have short memories. I think musicals stay with people longer because someone can buy the CD and learn the lyrics to a song in the musical. If you note, the best musicals have at least one "sticky" song that the audience takes home with them. Unless the plays have a line or two that are "quotable" people forget. As I read this, I found myself thinking: "I remember that play!" But I can make a list of favorite musicals from scratch quicker than a list of plays. If I do make a list of plays, it will have a significant number of classics and new plays. The middle ones, get forgotten.

    ReplyDelete