How to Apply to the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama BFA in Production Dramaturgy Program.
The School of Drama is a member of the Consortium of Conservatory Theatre Training Programs.
First, go to the Carnegie Mellon Application portal at http://my.cmu.edu/portal/site/admission/apply_now
|You must fill out the Common Application for Carnegie Mellon University. Indicate on the Common Application Supplement that you would like to be considered for the Dramaturgy program.|
- -A resume or curriculum vitae
- -A letter written by the applicant describing the applicant's theatre experience and ambitions in the theatre
- -Two letters from people (preferably teachers) familiar with the applicant's writing and research skills
- -A sample of original research writing by the applicant of 1,000 words or longer; this document must conform to current MLA or APA citation protocols
- -The additional audition fee required by the School of Drama is waived for Dramaturgy applicants unless they are also applying for admission in some other School of Drama Option. The program will initially admit between 4 and 8 students per year. Interviews will be scheduled on an individual basis for qualified candidates.
- To arrange an interview, please contact Dr. Michael Chemers at 412-268-2399, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective students visiting on campus are always welcome and will receive red-carpet treatment - please call at least two weeks ahead.